otforadhd.com is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
During your visit to our website or purchase of our products and services, we may obtain personal information about you. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone number, credit card details, billing address, geographic location, IP address, survey responses, support queries, blog comments and social media handles (together ‘Personal Data’).
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including :interviews, correspondence, by telephone, by email, via our website www.otforadhd.com, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, including: communicating with you, providing technical support, notifying you of updates and offers, sharing useful content, measuring customer satisfaction.
We may also use your Personal Data for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
• For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
• For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
• With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
• Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
• Where required or authorised by law.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF JOINING THE OT FOR ADHD FACEBOOK GROUP
As part of The OT for ADHD community, we have a closed Facebook group for participant’s families to come together and share their experiences.
All members will be approved by Graesan Nixon, the OT for ADHD and stringent privacy settings are in place.
By joining the Facebook group, you understand and acknowledge that
• All content posted by you on The OT for ADHD Group and your membership of the OT for ADHD Group will be visible to other Facebook group members;
• The OT for ADHD cannot warrant any members’ actions outside of the group and we therefore recommend you exercise caution when posting personal material. Whilst we ask that content posted in the Facebook group is not shared outside of the group, the OT for ADHD cannot prevent other members from copying or taking a screenshot of content and sharing it elsewhere;
• The OT for ADHD is not liable for any unauthorised access or use of your personal information or a participant’s personal information, including by other members of the Facebook group or for any third-party data leak (for example any problems or bugs with the Facebook platform or inappropriate use or hacking of a member’s Facebook account by another person);
• Any advice or content shared by members of the OT for ADHD Facebook group is general in nature and is not a substitute for professional health or medical advice; and
• Moderators of the OT for ADHD Facebook Group will remove any posts that are offensive, discriminatory or inappropriate at our sole discretion.
• Group members are to respect the privacy of other group members, and are not permitted to share any information about group members or the content posted in the Facebook group outside of the group.
• Any advice or content shared by members of the OT for ADHD Facebook group is general in nature and is not a substitute for professional health or medical advice
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
otforadhd.com will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
MAINTAINING THE QUALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF JOINING THE OT FOR ADHD FACEBOOK GROUP
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.